Why become a member? ×

ikm confused and virgin to the site need some advice boys and girls about my bass dilema!!!

hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone wants to help me discuss my situation.=
1st=basses i play
fender jazz plus usa 4 string.
warwick sntcs dolphin 5 string(with peizo).
warwick thumb six nt.

i usually play in rock covers bands and function stuff,
i recently got a pro funk dep gig.
was very nervous so i put my 4 stringer into the gallery to be set up, got it back nice job.
played the gig got another gig , nice.

my basses all of them are gorgeous in there own way my thumb is an old one 89 so has bartolinis awesome sound(But heavy bass and i dont play the top string alot).
my fender jazz is a peach based around kubiki electrics small body flamed maple on back of slim neck lovely sunburst (but not as balanced as warwicks as im a tubby guy so doesnt sit well).
my dolphin is pretty near perfect except for thick neck compared to other two.

heres the dilema i dont play the six alot, would like to get a better 4 stringer but have always wanted a status or a custom bass.
the two warwicks are worth around £1500. each and ive seen a not so nice jazz bass plus on ebay for £825.00,
just confused as which one to sell to get what i want and fancy!!!

cant see the point of me having a sixer so was thinking of getting a status 5 but got my dolphin cant really have two 5s but love 5 strings but they are hard to do the od slap riffs on!!
would sell 4 string but its so peachey /rare, and nice as all my basses are i know ill regret selling whatever 1 i sell!!
any suggestions ?
and hello to you all!!
peace and bass
ziggy.x

Hi Ziggy,

Sounds like you already have a good collection there. You mentioned a Status & personally I can't recommend them highly enough. Possibly the most clear and yet growly sound you can get. I'd sell your Fender & Warwick 6 & find a really nice Status SII or S2-Classic. Possibly one of the best all round basses you'll ever play! Just be prepared for the fact that the Warwick market is very depressed at the moment & you're not likely to get a huge amount for a 6-stringer. I bought a mint Yamaha TRB-6 about a year ago for a song!

Best of luck in your search & keep playing :)

Rich.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='The Funk' post='241317' date='Jul 16 2008, 10:30 PM']I'd sell the Dolphin. Never sell an '89 Warwick Thumb NT 6 w/ Barts. And I mean never! I just bought one last month for a ridiculously low price - closer to £1000 than £1500.[/quote]

mm yeah
if it was truly up to me id keep em all and buy my status!!!
got wife and 3 kids!!!
but got 1440 in bank!!!
theres a lovely status 5 stringer up for sale on here,
do i dare to buy and try and get away with it!!!!
:)