Why become a member? ×

Fender's new "design your own" option...

Philip_

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1397925261' post='2428719']
One day Fender will offer a new service by which they start making basses that are actually made properly. You know, where the neck fits in the neck pocket properly and that kind of thing.

I shudder to think what kind of Frankenstein's monster might eventually arrive on your doorstep if you actually ordered one of these creations. Fender seem to have a hard time knocking out consistently-made basses when [i]they[/i] are in control. If the customer gets any degree of autonomy then anarchy could easily ensue.
[/quote]

That made me laugh very loud.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1398674658' post='2436308']
DECENT COLOURS.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH COLOURS? It's 2014; just offer normal customers a bass in classic colours like sonic blue and surf green.

The latest two colours in the American Standard range are absolutely awful. Cheap red and blue. Nice one.
[/quote]

Especially this. My biggest gripe with Fender is the 'exclusivity' of particular finishes to £1500+ instruments. Or guitars for that matter (lots of Surf Green Strats/Teles available off the rack!)

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1398756075' post='2437173']
Especially this. My biggest gripe with Fender is the 'exclusivity' of particular finishes to £1500+ instruments. Or guitars for that matter (lots of Surf Green Strats/Teles available off the rack!)
[/quote]

I've seen those Strats and they look amazing.

If Fender offered a MIM 50s P and an American Standard P in surf green/sonic blue they would be a huge seller. I just do not understand it.

As much as they obviously know their business, they need to research more, get involved in forums/social networking with key members of staff who basically do that as their day job.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1398765583' post='2437288']

I've seen those Strats and they look amazing.

If Fender offered a MIM 50s P and an American Standard P in surf green/sonic blue they would be a huge seller. I just do not understand it.

As much as they obviously know their business, they need to research more, get involved in forums/social networking with key members of staff who basically do that as their day job.
[/quote]

I know I would buy one.