Why become a member? ×

Eh up! 'ow tha doin?

GunnyWeinrib

Hello everyone, my name's Paul and I've been "spanking the plank" for nigh on 25 years. I've even been known to occasionally pick up a bass guitar!
I currently play in a corporate/function band doing 70's funk & disco type stuff but in between gigs I play with a local rock tribute band doing Ozzy, Rush, Van Halen tunes etc. Gearwise, I use a 1990 Warwick Thumb, Steinberger XL2A and Q4, Musicman Stingrays (fretted and fretless), Ibanez Roadstar (my first bass), a custom bass from a local luthier that looks a bit Musicman/Laklandish, a homebuilt fretless, and a modified acoustic. Amps for the rock gigs is an Ampeg SVT with an 8x10, and for the posh gigs that don't require balls out volume it's a Markbass combo to go through the p.a. I don't use many effects, occasionally a spot of subtle chorus, compression, and a little reverb but not always at the same time! :)

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum.

I also play in a function band and then fill the gaps in another with a bit of loud ACDC, Thin Lizzy etc

It's a great forum with lots of info to be picked up on and some pretty funny threads. Unlike most other forums it is also very active in particular on a weekend when we are all "post gig" chilling

My favourite thread is the "my gig last night" so make sure you put your comments on so we can all read them ( got a three week break now between gigs so quite sad LOL ) we are looking for a drummer for one band a guitarist for the other.

Tony

[quote name='GunnyWeinrib' post='239622' date='Jul 14 2008, 11:10 PM']Hello everyone, my name's Paul and I've been "spanking the plank" for nigh on 25 years. I've even been known to occasionally pick up a bass guitar!
I currently play in a corporate/function band doing 70's funk & disco type stuff but in between gigs I play with a local rock tribute band doing Ozzy, Rush, Van Halen tunes etc. Gearwise, I use a 1990 Warwick Thumb, Steinberger XL2A and Q4, Musicman Stingrays (fretted and fretless), Ibanez Roadstar (my first bass), a custom bass from a local luthier that looks a bit Musicman/Laklandish, a homebuilt fretless, and a modified acoustic. Amps for the rock gigs is an Ampeg SVT with an 8x10, and for the posh gigs that don't require balls out volume it's a Markbass combo to go through the p.a. I don't use many effects, occasionally a spot of subtle chorus, compression, and a little reverb but not always at the same time! :huh:[/quote]
Welcome aboard :) I'm also in a soul, funk and disco function band - whats in your set list?