Why become a member? ×

Quick price question

aj5string

[quote name='aj5string' post='24959' date='Jun 29 2007, 03:52 PM']What do people think the going rate for a used but in ver good condition mim fender jazz 5 should be.

Cheers! Alex.[/quote]

As long as it's not in a horrible colour, £275 - £300 tops. You can buy them new for £362 - £373

Hamster

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='24965' date='Jun 29 2007, 04:00 PM']there is a blue one on ebay at the minute for £265 BIN

is it yours? Is it?[/quote]

No, i was looking at it, but cant decide about it price wise. I thought i could get that, and spend the difference on a bad ass or case or something. But, new from Thomann they are hardly anymore - decisions!

What do people think?

[quote name='aj5string' post='25001' date='Jun 29 2007, 04:53 PM']What do people think then - new or 2nd hand at that price?

Cheers.[/quote]

New or used, a £250 bass that has great tone and feels good is a better buy than a £500 bass with awful tone that doesn't feel right in your hands. With so many on the market I'd only buy a bass that I could pick up and play for 30mins or so.

Hamster