Why become a member? ×

2012 Fender FSR Deluxe Precision Bass Special, Sea Foam Metallic
£600

roceci

Withdrew this a couple of months ago due to lack of interest just post Xmas. But she's not getting the love she deserves with me (5 stringer) so here goes again. More open to trades now, particularly for equivalent value five strings or a decent combo or something elese I've not thought of yet - what ya got??

This is a fantastic guitar with loads of tone options & stunning looks, the pics do not do the metallic finish justice. 9V active electronics & P/J config covers all Fender sounds. High mass bridge, 70s Jazz neck. Limited edition factory special run, only 250 produced of which 150 made it to Europe.

All original case candy, tools, & Fender gig bag included. Also included is the stock white scratchplate - I had the black one custom made in the states for the best part of £100 including P+P - if only I'd have known about the Bass Doc then :/

Mint condition apart from light buckle rash & pickguard scratches, I'm the original owner & it's been gigged twice & played lightly in my studio. Recently had pro set up & strung with new D'Addario Nickels. Plays like butter. Weight is around 9lbs.

This really is a wonderful guitar for Precision lovers fancying something a bit different & not quite unique but not very far off.

Pics:

[attachment=159696:FSR1.jpg] [attachment=159697:FSR1a.jpg] [attachment=159698:FSR2.jpg] [attachment=159699:FSR3.jpg] [attachment=159700:FSR4.jpg]

Edited by roceci

Forgot the specs:

Body: Alder
Body Shape: Precision Bass
Colour: Sea Foam Metallic
Bridge: High Mass 4 Saddle Bass
Neck & Fingerboard:

Neck: Maple
Neck Shape: 70s Jazz Bass
Fingerboard: Maple
Number of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
Position Inlays: Black Block
Radius: 9.5" (24.1cm)
Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3mm)
Scale Length: 34" (86.36cm)
Neck Plate: Standard 4 Bolt
Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
Electronics & Hardware:

Pickup Configuration: S/S
Middle Pickup: Standard Vintage Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
Bridge Pickup: Dualcoil Ceramic Noiseless™ Jazz Bass Pickup with Nickel-Plated Pole Pieces
Hardware: Chrome
String Nut: Synthetic Bone

I had one of these, I now have the more recent, passive version. The originals like this one are exceptional basses. Think the neck is 70's jazz but not Geddy profile.
Fairly sure you have put P nut width in your spec?
GLWTS

• 2 months later...

Hello, I really want this bass, but I live in New Mexico, USA. Do you know what your price + shipping would be on that (if possible) in American dollars? and if it was done would the travel be more damage to the guitar then it's worth? I have a geddy lee jazz crafted in japan, and I've had a MIM fender active deluxe p bass special before... This is like the best of both worlds, just hard to find in USA.

[quote name='Mykstar' timestamp='1404446342' post='2492695']
Hello, I really want this bass, but I live in New Mexico, USA. Do you know what your price + shipping would be on that (if possible) in American dollars? and if it was done would the travel be more damage to the guitar then it's worth? I have a geddy lee jazz crafted in japan, and I've had a MIM fender active deluxe p bass special before... This is like the best of both worlds, just hard to find in USA.
[/quote]

Welcome Mykstar.
roceci has not been on the site since May 22nd so you may be better off sending him a private message.
To do that, go to the first post and click on his user name roceci, at the top left of post #1.
That will open another page which will have a box with " send me a message" written in it. Click on that box, put in your title and message, then press send.
The first run of these in 2012 were active, this years run are passive.
Frankly you are better off waiting for one to come up in the US, however if it is desperate, there is still a new one at the following UK dealer [url="http://www.promenademusic.co.uk/fender-fsr-p-bass-sea-foam-green"]Fender FSR Deluxe Precision Bass, Sea Foam Green[/url]

however by the time you pay shipping (IF they ship to the US?) and any tax / import duties, this may be very expensive.
Good luck whatever you do,
Karl.

[quote name='Mr Fretbuzz' timestamp='1404485885' post='2493115']
I've got a new sea foam green pearl arriving next week from GAK :-) limited to 150 for Europe. Think they only had just the one on order.
[/quote]

It is most likely the 2014 passive run.
Our New Mexico friend appears to be looking for one of the 2012 original run, which were active. They are very hard to get hold of now.
I have the 2014 passive, now sporting tortie plate. I've sold most of my other basses (inc Sadowsky, Rick and Alembic) as this one is just everything I need for gigs. Enjoy yours, imo they are simply outstanding. :D

• 3 years later...