Why become a member? ×

Is this Dick Nolan's Zon Legacy Elite

Clive Martin

Is this Dick Nolan's bass?

Over the years, I'd heard rumours that his Zon Legacy Elite bass had been offered for sale at the Bass Centre, Wapping.
I bought my Zon from the Bass Centre in Wapping in 1994.
Funny thing was, I'd gone to buy a Fender Precision, but saw this instead, and concluded it was a unique and colour bass and played very well - I'd never heard of Zon.

If someone could shed light, that would be very good.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:159621]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:159620]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:159619]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:159618]

Thanks
Clive

Edited by Clive Martin

Clive - someone has set up a Dick Nolan page on Facebook. I suppose there could be a possibility it's him. Shoot the page owner a message and see what happens. Be vague...if it is DN, you'd hope that if you got an answer he would fill in the pertinent details. If the page owner isn't him (and you got an answer) you'd probably be able to ascertain the owner is BS'ting.

To add to this, I'd always thought that he played a black Zon! I saw them quite a few times and have no recollection of a blue Zon, but obviously, that's not to say...see 6'24" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI5QCem2fx4
P

Edited by NancyJohnson

Some pretty crap stills grabbed from a youtube vid of a 1989 gig show Dick's Zon to be a lot darker in colour.
Although I'm sure he had more than one Zon -- it'd take a brave man to go on tour with one bass!
[attachment=159823:dick nolan stills.jpg]

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1397053573' post='2420168']
Clive - someone has set up a Dick Nolan page on Facebook. I suppose there could be a possibility it's him. Shoot the page owner a message and see what happens. Be vague...if it is DN, you'd hope that if you got an answer he would fill in the pertinent details. If the page owner isn't him (and you got an answer) you'd probably be able to ascertain the owner is BS'ting.

To add to this, I'd always thought that he played a black Zon! I saw them quite a few times and have no recollection of a blue Zon, but obviously, that's not to say...see 6'24" [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI5QCem2fx4"]https://www.youtube....h?v=wI5QCem2fx4[/url]
P
[/quote]
Agree. Saw them several times...always the black Zon. Never saw him play a blue version...but perhaps a back up?

• 10 months later...