Why become a member? ×

Pino Palladino with PSP.

bubinga5

I'm aware that that a lot of guys have seen this vid. but i reckon not this one. Such a great vid of a great trio. its one of the best Pino vid's I've ever seen him play on/in. his groove is just off the wall. so whats the time sig.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d7XVWY7Kms#aid=P6F2vq5FLgA

i think its in 11/8 and goes to 4/4.

Edited by bubinga5

I got the chance to chat with Simon Phillips after a Hiromi show in New York. Such a top guy, he was pretty delighted when I mentioned I was a fan of the PSP stuff as a lot of people just chat Toto with him.

Pino's playing is so dynamic, his feel is basically out there in a league of its own.

I love Pino ( and Simon Phillips can play a bit, too) but I am having a hard time trying to enjoy this music. [i]Way [/i]too noodly for my tastes, I'm afraid.

The keyboard sound is very reminiscent of Jan Hammer in the 1970's/early 1980's. That is neither good nor bad , but I just thought I would mention it. :)

Edited by Dingus

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1396887962' post='2418432']
The keyboard sound is very reminiscent of Jan Hammer in the 1970's/early 1980's. That is neither good nor bad , but I just thought I would mention it. :)
[/quote]
Classic Minimoog sound - Jan used the Mini a lot in his work around that time. The 'guitar' in the Miami Vice theme is actually six of them. Miss mine. :(