Why become a member? ×

Rush 2015

KevB

I listened to Counterparts for the first time in years a little while ago. I was never keen on it oiginally, but from this distance the actual recording sounds great.

What I would give for them to record an album so direct and punchy, rather that the nonsense they're churning out now.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1395936198' post='2408183']
I wonder how much of it is linked to some kind of contract with Fender? I believe the Geddy Lee sig J bass is one of the most popular J models ever made. The fact that Geddy himself has played one (or something similar) pretty much exclusively for the past 20 years must keep the model in the public eye to some extent...
[/quote]

I doubt Geddy has any contract with Fender - I'm sure they're falling over themselves to be associated with him. :-)

I doubt very much whether, regardless of the nature of their association, that Geddy earns any significant cash as such directly from the arrangement. It is probably more useful to him in terms of the goodwill and support Fender give him in return for his endorsement.