Why become a member? ×

SWAP LaBella Deep Talkin Flatwounds for TI Jazz flats?

Hey guys,

Well I finally got around to putting some flats on my old '75 P Bass!

After playing around for a bit I've discovered that although i LOVE the tone from these things, i feel like the slightly extra bit of tension is going to make my RSI flare up again..

Originally I was tossing up between the Thomastic-Infeld flats (JF-344's i think where the ones) and the La Bella's.. I ended up not going for the TI's as i kept reading the tension was "weird".. BUT now i'm thinking that may suit me better!

So, to the point, just putting it out there if anyone has a new-ish set of the TI JF344 jazz flats that they'd be interested in swapping for an essentialy brand new set of La bella deep talking flats? With extra cash/whatever, happy to discuss!

Cheers :)

Andy.

43-104.. These ones:

http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/p/921431/la-bella-4-string-deep-talkin-bass-stainless-steel-flat-wound-43-104-long-scale-bass-strings/

..seemed like the closest gauge to the round wounds I usually use (DR MM fat beams). You interested? I had another play today and I may have overreacted, don't seem that stiff now for some reason. Still.. At some point I'm going to have to try the TI's..

Might consider selling instead if anyone is interested? What's a fair price?

Cheers - Andy.

[quote name='Andy O'Neil' timestamp='1394734034' post='2394615']
Hey guys,

Well I finally got around to putting some flats on my old '75 P Bass!

After playing around for a bit I've discovered that although i LOVE the tone from these things, i feel like the slightly extra bit of tension is going to make my RSI flare up again..

Originally I was tossing up between the Thomastic-Infeld flats (JF-344's i think where the ones) and the La Bella's.. I ended up not going for the TI's as i kept reading the tension was "weird".. BUT now i'm thinking that may suit me better!

So, to the point, just putting it out there if anyone has a new-ish set of the TI JF344 jazz flats that they'd be interested in swapping for an essentialy brand new set of La bella deep talking flats? With extra cash/whatever, happy to discuss!

Cheers :)

Andy.
[/quote]

Hi, are these still up for a swap for TI's?