Why become a member? ×

Amp enough to handle small gig?

badboy1984

Currently using the Ashdown LB30 with TC BC212. Amp sounded decent but lack volume without dirty sound, so I decided to look for a second amp that could handle certain gig when the LB30 is not enough for backline setup and no PA support.

I have come down to the following due to budget.

Ampeg PF350
TC BH25
Fender Rumble 200
Little Mark Backline 250

I was thinking about buying a old trace elliot amp head for dirt cheap but the weight might put me off and these micro amp looks decent for the budget and power. Will they be loud enough to compete against a drummer (not uber loud but could get abit loud sometimes) and 1 guitar with valve amp or I should stick with the trace elliot deal and man up about the weight? lol

Edited by badboy1984

I've owned a Little Mark 250 and it punched well above its weight. That was with an 8ohm 1X12 cab in a 9-piece band, too.
IME Markbass amps are generally louder than you'd expect, but of course watts rating is no measure of loudness.

Edited by discreet

I'm pairing the amp with my BC 212. The cab is well enough to handle the gig I'm doing, i don't need massive fridge behind me and i try to reduce the amount of stuff we lure on each gig.

I use to own a Little Mark 250 (Made in Italy) which i still kind of regret to sell it. I guess the backline model is the same but made in far east i guess?

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1394625549' post='2393387']
I use to own a Little Mark 250 (Made in Italy) which i still kind of regret to sell it.
I guess the backline model is the same but made in far east i guess?
[/quote]

I regret selling mine, too. The Black Line range is made in Indonesia, the spec is apparently the same as the Italian-made version.
Have you considered the GK MB200, also? [size=4]If it's anything like my MB500 it'll sound very good.[/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1394628458' post='2393440']
Does the MB200 only have a single gain know to adjust the overall level?
[/quote]

I have an MB200 that I run into a small 4 ohm cab for a rig that I can easily take on the bus.

The gain basically acts as a volume, it won't break up like a preamp gain.

I think it's a tremendous little amp, sounds very modern though... All in all though it's one of the best value bits of gear I've ever had.