Why become a member? ×

Hello!

bluesparky

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum and thought i'd do the polite thing.
I initially joined just to sell my deep impact, i figured if i'm going to sell it, then i'd rather it go to someone who'd appreciate it, which led me to here to post it.
Now that i am here, i realise there is a massive resource of information and gossip, so i'm sure i'll hopefully become a regular.
I'm not in a band at the mo, my job keeps me away from home and a regular rehearsals are an impossiblity, there's nothing more frustrating than wanting to play, when you can't.
My job involves me touring all over the world with some pretty big bands, but unfortunately on the wrong side of the stage as i'm a lighting tech, not a performing musician - but usually buying a few hotel bar pints for the bass tech enables me to hook up to the PA in soundcheck and have a blast, it's not everyday you get to play at full volume at a stadium gig - and all the free strings i want!

My gear is:
- Musicman Stingray 5 - main bass
- Fender Jazz American Std (new one this year) - second bass
- Ashdown Evo II 500w head
- Ashdown ABM 2 x 10" cab
- Ashdown ABM 1 x 15" cab
- Ashdown Bentley 4 x 10" cab - With quite a history to it...
- Marshall B25 practice amp - for when the missus tells me to keep it down.
- Dean Acoustic Bass
- Aria Sinsonido Bass - perfect for a tour bus or hotel room - with Line 6 Tone port GX & Korg Bass Pandora
So, so many effects;
Gigrig, sansamp prog DI, boss overdrive, boss tuner, boss line selector, Korg G5 (which i may sell), EBS BassIQ, EBS Bass Unichorus, Crybaby Bass Wah, EH Mini Qtron, Aphex Punch Factory Compressor, Boss Flanger, Boss Loop Station, Boss Octave all velcro'd down nice and neatly in a Diago Pedal Board.

I've been playing for about 15 years, and i'm mostly in to run-of-the-mill rock.
The chili peppers and Led Zep are my all time favourites, both the bands and their bass players, but of course Jaco, Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten and Stu Hamm are all major influences on me too.
As i mentioned above, i'm unable to be in a band so i've recently been doing the Trinity college rock school exams - I got the grade 8 distinction last year, and looking to do the RGT grade 8 in bass and popular music theory and the Associated board theory exams too.

That's enough about me, let's talk about me some more....

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by bluesparky

[quote name='johnnylager' post='236586' date='Jul 10 2008, 03:04 PM']Welcome. And the Bentley...?[/quote]
Thanks,
The bentley - ha ha, it was given to me by a rather well known bass player at the end of a tour i worked on for his band.
He had a couple of them on it, so he very generously gave me one.
Incredibly powerful and i've never seen another one.
It looks tres sexy too....

Edited by bluesparky