Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 2x8

Waterboarder

Im looking for a small/lightweight cab for quieter shows...seems to be the way things are going!
Does anyone have any experience of these?

Would be looking to pair it with by 500 Bass Terror...which naturally makes me wonder about the power rating of these cabs. Fender describe it as 500 watts RMS/Programme...what does this actually mean? Will it handle 500 watts being pumped into it (not that it will ever be cranked up to the max)?
£230 seems very cheap for a cab rated at 500 watts so wondering where the catch lies...

If this isnt the case...I guess the choice of 8 inch drivers is pretty limited!

Cheers ;)

Fender Rumble cabs (1x12" and 2x8") are only 250W RMS, don't mind the "programme" numbers, only the "continuous power" ratings.

I had two 1x12" cabs in the past and i could get by using just one with a very quiet drummer, i guess the 2x8" cab will sound similar. Just don't expect to be able to use it without PA support, it won't be able to cut through the drum kit.

I don't know you and your band but i would bet that without PA support a single cab will struggle to be heard on the back of the room. It's better to look for something bigger sounding (schroeder, barefaced, bergantino, etc.) if you're thinking about using it as a standalone.

Maybe a second Rumble cab (1x12" for example) could handle those situations but still a wild guess.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1394451692' post='2391390']
Fender Rumble cabs (1x12" and 2x8") are only 250W RMS, don't mind the "programme" numbers, only the "continuous power" ratings.
[/quote]The wattage ratings are fairly meaningless, whichever you look at. Output is limited by the total driver displacement. A pair of eights that you might find in a Rumble have perhaps 150cc of displacement. One ten in that price range will have around 140cc, one twelve around 230cc.