Why become a member? ×

Dingwall SJ5 - SOLD, PLEASE REMOVE
£2100

angercat

[size=4][u][b]FINAL PRICE DROP: JUST £1,850![/b][/u][/size]

Hi fellow BassChatters!

Did you go to the LBGS and coo over the Dingwalls for hours? Did you say to yourself "One day it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine." Want to save about a grand on the cost of ordering a brand new one?

As much as it pains and sickens me to have to sell one of my babies, this one has to go. I only bought her in November from JonnyM and fell deeply and immediately in love with her. I then ruined our monogamous bliss by having a threesome with a Dingwall Combustion and discovered that the longer scale is a better match [b][u]FOR ME[/u][/b]! Now I have to sell the SJ5 and spec up a brand new Ferrari Yellow Afterburner with Wenge neck and speedo dots, or I might just explode!

[attachment=156817:IMG_1139.JPG]

I work in a guitar shop (as you'll see from the pictures below) and seldom see anything quite as special as a Dingwall in the flesh. Sorry about the slightly pinkish hue from my phone cam btw, it seems to have had an off day! The family photo above is much more representative of the maple board colouring.

Great bass with a sensible scale - you can actually use normal strings instead of having to buy special fan fret strings! Currently sporting a brand new set of Fender Nickelwound 5s.

PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM: [url="http://s246.photobucket.com/user/angercat/library/For%20Sale%20-%20Dingwall%20SJ5"]http://s246.photobuc...0Dingwall%20SJ5[/url]

Anyway, it's probably easiest to copy and paste most of Jonny's words, as it's the same bass!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is one fat-toned beast with a great neck, excellent balance - exceptionally easy to play... A few marks on the body but nothing serious - virtually impossible to photograph! [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif](A new one with these specs would cost you over £1000 more) [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Shipping: Free next working day UK insured courier delivery, I will consider sending within Europe at the buyer's expense. The bass will be properly packaged using actual guitar shipping boxes I can pick up at my workplace. No trades or low-balling please ;-)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Full specs., incl. extras:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Fanned frets - 35"-32" scale length[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Black high gloss thin finish[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Alder Body with tone chambers[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•White pearl pickguard[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Matching Headstock[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Maple fingerboard[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Black blocks[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Maple neck - satin finish[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Volume (pull/passive), Pickup selector (Bridge, Both parallel, Both series, Neck)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Super Fatty pickups with active Glockenklang 2-band 18v preamp - Bass, Treble w/Passive Cut.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Chrome Custom Bridge[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Chrome Hipshot ultralight tuners[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]• Hipshot X-tender on B-string[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Weight 9lb 2oz[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]•Gig bag and tools[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Check out the pics and don't be afraid to ask questions about this superb instrument...[/font][/color]

Edited by angercat

Hi Svend,

I've just put it on with a regular nylon strap - no fancy alcantara, suede or grippy padded straps - and it's [b][u]perfectly[/u][/b] balanced. Not a single droop whatsoever!

I'm based in Sheringham, Norfolk in the UK but I can take the bass to my workplace in Norwich if you need to try it out. I'm kind of assuming that you're in the UK too but, if you are elsewhere, I can get an overseas courier quotation.

Thanks for the interest.

If you were to change your mind I have an amazing choice of custom shop Warwick P-Nut signature basses with full certification and in pristine showroom condition.

Just in case your angle on trading changes.

Cheers

Col

Its taken quite a bit of hustling but we got there in the end. Initially was getting a Sklar but the opportunity arose and i took the bait. Ive just got to sit out the wait now. Pics once she's arrived

Lookin forward to the pics.
somedays I just feel like sayin - stuff it and just buying one. But then id probably be looking for a solicitor to defend me in my second divorce.
Today is one of those days, looking at super J in this thread.

this prima is a sexy beast.

Edited by bassman344