Why become a member? ×

Badass/Gotoh under Fender Jazz Bridge Cover?

cetera

Just wondering.....

I'd like to fit one of those big 70's style Fender Jazz Bridge covers on my 'parts' jazz but I know it won't fit over the Badass II that I have....

Anyone know/have experience of which bridges will accept the cover (apart from the standard Fender jazz bridge)?

I was thinking Badass III or maybe Gotoh?

[quote name='cetera' post='235680' date='Jul 9 2008, 01:16 PM']Just wondering.....

I'd like to fit one of those big 70's style Fender Jazz Bridge covers on my 'parts' jazz but I know it won't fit over the Badass II that I have....

Anyone know/have experience of which bridges will accept the cover (apart from the standard Fender jazz bridge)?

I was thinking Badass III or maybe Gotoh?[/quote]

The cover will (just) fit over a Gotoh 201. Had both on my Precision for a while.

Edit - just noticed you're referring to a Jazz, so ignore my previous comment!

Edited by simon1964

Annoying , but I can't find the dimensions of a Badass III on the Leo Quan site.

I have a III on it's way from the US ,so it'll be a few days. When it arrives I'll post the dimensions then maybe some worthy could measure the underside of a jazz bridge cover and we'll see if it'll fit.

The back edge of the Badass III bridge is appox 2mm higher than the Badass II but both are shorter than the Fender Bridges, the reason they don't appear to fit even though length wise they are similar is that the Fender Bridges have rounded corners allowing them to fit within the shape of the Bridge cover. The Badass bridge has a square edge which fits up againt the cover pushing it away from the body. I learnt this when I tried one on a Fender Geddy Lee. I'm pretty sure the the Gotoh 201B-4 and the 203B-4 will both fit under due to them having the rounded edges. Hope this helps.

My III just arrived and I would have measured it for you - but just noticed the excellent tech. drawing of one that Muppet did and posted on the Badass sticky in the repairs forum.
Think it'll answer your question so long as you get someone to measure a Jazz cover.