Why become a member? ×

** NOW SOLD** Garage Disaster Sale Part 3 - Vintage VJ96MRJP Icon 'Jaco' Fretless Jazz
£100

tazza1

*** NOW SOLD ***

If you've visited my previous two Garage Disaster sale threads you will know that I'm currently having to sell some of my basses to fund replacing our central heating boiler. Two basses have now gone - many thanks to the bass-chatters who bought them & I hope they enjoy playing them.

This is the third bass I'm putting up for sale. It's a Vintage VJ96MRJP "Jaco" fretless. These have a very good reputation due to the general build quality & use of Wilkinson pickups & hardware. I bought it from a basschatter a while ago (I hope he doesn't mind my using his pics!) & other than trying it out for an hour or two I've never used it.
The previous owner removed the strings to despatch it to me but unfortunately I messed up the G string when I re-fitted them (they're flats & they tune up OK but I'd be worried that the G will break) so it will need a new set of strings. These basses were supplied from new fitted with roundwounds so there is some marking to the fingerboard which looks worse in the pics than it actually is. It doesn't affect playability or sound & wouldn't be difficult to sort out if it bothers you. Obviously this bass is designed with a relic'd look but it is in good condition. So a nice cheap bass if you fancy a go at fretless or want a backup fretless bass.

I'm looking for £100 (+ postage).

[size=4][color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]There are several options for collection – you can collect from Kettering, Thurmaston (Leicester) or Heckingham (Norfolk)[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by tazza1