Why become a member? ×

Some Help Please...

E_MaN

I'm really in the mood of late to learn a bass solo, however I'm not sure what so I was wondering if you friendly people could help out.

Certain aspects I like are,

- Chordal work or just chords

- Harmonics (Don't say Portait of Tracy, learnt it, played it, forgot it :) )

- Strong sense of melody

If there's a youtube video or such like even better.

Cheers m'dears

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='234624' date='Jul 7 2008, 11:42 PM']Victor Wooten's "Amazing Grace" seems to fit the bill. Yes, it's on YouTube & you can get it on musicnotes.com for a couple of dollars for the sheet music.[/quote]

Thanks! Really liking this tune!

[quote name='johnnylager' post='235479' date='Jul 9 2008, 07:56 AM']Cliff Burton - Anaesthesia / Pulling Teeth from Kill 'em All[/quote]
Damn, beaten. You'll need a fuzz pedal and a wah for that one though. Some cool chordal work and stuff in there though.

One i've really been trying to get hold of and failing miserably is the tabs for the bass solo Rob Trujillo played before Orion on Metalica's escape from the studio 06 tour. If anyone could point me in the right direction i would be very grateful :)

[quote name='johnnylager' post='235479' date='Jul 9 2008, 07:56 AM']Cliff Burton - Anaesthesia / Pulling Teeth from Kill 'em All[/quote]

:) I remember learning this years ago!!! Pretty cool, I like it for when I wanna mess about and have a little fun.