Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The BRITs 2014

xilddx

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1392907767' post='2374034']

Desperation? Old Age? Shame on you!

I'll have you know that R4 is the dogs doo-dahs of intelligent broadcasting. Where else can you hear programmes about the lives of contemporary scientists (The Life Scientific), sociological issues (Thinking Allowed), ruminations on the nature of statistics (More Or Less ), environmental issues (Costing The Earth), arts and culture reviews (Front Row, ), moral issues (The Moral Maze), all manner of history (In Our Time), as well as the usual plays and comedy, news and in-depth analysis.

And that's without all the regular music programmes. One about 12-bar Blues already this week and an hour-long appreciation of the life and music of Pete Seger tomorrow at 9pm.

I may be old, but there's no desperation about my wall-to-wall R4 around the house. Give it a fair try and you may never buy a television licence ever again.
[/quote]
Bang on mate. It's all I listen to apart from R3 occasionally.

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1392910139' post='2374081'] maybe they should have tried this sort of format... [url="http://youtu.be/dJTzTQgsS-4"]http://youtu.be/dJTzTQgsS-4[/url] [/quote]

Jeezus, there are too many WTF moments in that montage to comprehend. What's with the blokes wearing the elephants FFS?

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1392851971' post='2373634']
Just read on the BBC website that Bowie won best male artist. I have no particular problem with that but it must say something about the state of our young talent at the moment. Guess he's not too popular in Scotland right now though. :lol:
[/quote]
The New York living genius has every right to express an opinion about Scottish Independence through the London, UK clothes horse that is Kate Moss.