Why become a member? ×

Chicago Blues Club visit, amazing night

tonybassplayer

Just returned from our honeymoon to Chicago and beyond and we managed to visit a place called Kingston Mines blues club which had two stages and we managed to see two incredible bands.

This short video is of the bassist from the Mike Wheeler band who were brilliant and actually dedicated three songs to us. They were very entertaining and whilst it was mainly blues they did a bit of soul and funk as well.

I know the start of it is a bit gimmicky but he was an incredible player and changed styles throughout the night and was equally at home with every style.

Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

http://youtu.be/Bz_GvQHLDYQ

Yes I can understand from a short video clip that he may not be everyone's cup of tea ( not a huge slap fan myself ) but the guy and the band had many sides to them not least of all was the ability to keep a packed audience hugely entertained from 7.30pm to 5am two nights running !!

Glad I didn't have to pack down and load out after that gig lol.

Bloody Hell, that is one long gig, especially going at it like he id=s in the clip, I was normally knackered after 2 50 minute sets, but that could have been the ale :gas:

Glad you enjoyed it though, sounds like a great trip. I hope to do the Memphis, Nashville thing this year, I hear thats pretty good too.