Why become a member? ×

i played my first festival

ahpook

...and now i have to clean all the mud of my equipment cases !!

:)

played an hour set at the workhouse festival in wales, and it was an awful lot of fun. we [i]didn't[/i] clear the tent (so i owe one of the guitarists a tenner !) and had the place packed out with people shaking their funky things all over the shop.

it's the first time i've played with this band live (it's in a kind of live techno/spacerock style) and it was lovely to have the crowd really getting into it and waving and smiling at you on stage...makes a change from the more restrained indie-style audiences i'm used to. i suppose that's what playing to people on party drugs does !!

can't wait to do it again.

[size=1]for those interested: westone spectrum gt >> boss tuner >> xotic bb bass preamp >> boss syb5 >> modded boss cs3 >> mxr bass di >> desk[/size]

more like some banging techno/breakbeat with two spacey guitarists and me...

have a listen (although the tunes on the site are a bit old)...

[url="http://www.myspace.com/quantumbeats"]myspace linky[/url]

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='233999' date='Jul 7 2008, 10:48 AM']Ooooooooooooooh I see... similar to an innerpartysystem kind of thing... cool. :)[/quote]

i hadn't come across them before...i see what you mean. we don't usually have vocals, but we have a friend who's put a few raps on the odd tune.

I've played a couple of festivals and they've been my favourite gigs. Got to play at one 'Prior Park Festival' about 12 years ago in one of my first bands and that was great fun. A couple of years ago I played a few stand-in dates for a mate's band called Insaniac and I got to play the Eastern Haze Festival in East Anglia. Just as much fun as I had 12 years ago. I'd do another festival date in a heartbeat. I think they are just about the best gigs you can play.

[quote name='ahpook' post='233925' date='Jul 7 2008, 08:58 AM']it's the first time i've played with this band live (it's in a kind of live techno/spacerock style) and it was lovely to have the crowd really getting into it and waving and smiling at you on stage...makes a change from the more restrained indie-style audiences i'm used to. i suppose that's what playing to people on party drugs does !!

can't wait to do it again.

[size=1]for those interested: westone spectrum gt >> boss tuner >> xotic bb bass preamp >> boss syb5 >> modded boss cs3 >> mxr bass di >> desk[/size][/quote]

Never played a festival myself (although my band was meant to play at 3, and it all fell through) but last year I played in Germany and I can relate to what you're saying about audiences. Over there they love live music, especially rock and it was great to see people actually enjoying the gig and having a good time, as opposed to pretty much every gig we've played in Scotland where everyone just stands around looking bored. Germany was the only time where we've had people come up to speak to us after the gig and tell us it was great, over here that sort of reception is reserved for cool bands with fringes and skinny jeans.