Why become a member? ×

All gone now!
£250

So, here we have a few parts that i have come across in my travels that i dont really have a need for, and figure they can go to someone who wants to create basses or fix current oldies. Prices are (and maybe negotiable)
[s]Gibson pickup £50[/s] SOLD
[s]Aria pro 2 bass bridge £50[/s] SOLD
[s]Gibson style aftermarket bridge with string longerer £50[/s] SOLD

BTW, im leaving the pics on here as a reference for future people who may find it useful.

All these prices include postage.

(NB, ive posted these prices for the bridges as i can find bugger all info on them, and even less pictures, so i assume they are somewhat rare.)

So, first we have a gibson ripper pickup, the early version. Measures 6.39 ohms on the ol multimeter. Only issues with it are:

-Shortened leads
-Missing plate ground lead
-The countersinks on the face of the pickup have been enlarged roughly.
-The bottom edges of the pickup have been shortened (decrease the pickups height essentially)

Pics:

Next is the Aria pro 2 bass bridge. String spacing is 15mm, and says "made in japan" on the underside. Some minor pitting as you would expect for its age. Top mounted stringing with a quick release system for the strings. (edited with info received from musky)

Pics:

Lastly, is the gibson style 2 post bridge, with removable string longerer, and is height adjustable as well as being able to adjust the intonation via the saddles or the entire bridge. Hell, you can even adjust the string spacing. Slight pitting as normal for its age. Says"made in germany" on the underside. From this, and similar style guitar bridges, im guessing its a schaller bridge.

Pics:

Im always open to offers, trades, and p/x's.

Edited by tommorichards

FYI the Aria bridge isn't intended for through body stringing. The slots for the quick release aren't wide enough for the E string windings (unless you're using a seriously skinny gauge).

But you're right about it's rarity - these don't often appear unless it's attached to a bass. :)

I'm not sure there's a huge amount left to be said. They were standard equipment on Arias in the early eighties, from the SB1000 to the CSB300, the only differences being the more expensive ones were brass (eighties-tastic!), some were gold plated and they came in wide or narrow string spacing.

They also made the Badass (which it appeared to be based on) look like a BBOT and had the benefit of a quick release system (which the Badass doesn't). :)

Noelk27 is quite up on Arias, maybe he can chip in.