Why become a member? ×

Musicman SUB or Warwick Rockbass Streamer standard 4

Farisus

hi i want to buy a new bass guitar and i can't choose between the Musicman SUB series bass and Warwick Rockbass Streamer standard 4 , i have about 450 euro to spend . i mainly play metal ,rock , a little bit of funk and punk but not jazz and i hate the thin tone like Jackson basses . what do you guys think ? if you can suggest another bass it would be cool .
thanks in advance !

Thanks for the quick reply !
I've already tried that , i live in Dubai and the used market sucks big time ! Plus ,The majority of the items on ebay can't be shipped in The UAE so...
But Musicman SUB are made in Indonesia not USA right ? The original Musicman ( Made in the USA ) are really expensive even the used ones .. But fot the time being i'm worried about the tone of these two ( warwick and Musicman ) i can't seem to find the one that fits my style .

I want a bass that has a nice growl but at the same time i want a deep round pianic tone . I play for most part metal and rock , and that requires a huge variety of tones ,thats why i need a bass that can cover this tonal range. and personaly i'm not worried about cutting through since i'm not in a band so .. ( sorry for my english haha )

To my ears a Warwick makes a totally different tone to a Musicman. My perception is the Warwick gives a deeper growl and the Musicman I tried in a shop gave a more electronic/metalic, zingy sound. But that's just me.

Edit: that said. I have a Wishbass with a Musicman-style Kent Armstrong pup in it, and that gives the deepest bark/growl of any of my bases.

You should buy the one you like the sound of most; which is something nobody here can tell you.

Have you played them both?

Edited by Grangur

I didn't try any of them . These two brands don't exist in my country. I searched demos on youtube and , based on what i've watched, i think that the warwick streamer std has a more "trebly" metalic tone if you will and it has more punch . I also wanna know which one is better in terms of playability ?

The Rockbass Warwick don't sound exactly like the real Warwick in my opinion. Doesn't sound bad but just different. If is a Streamer LX then is a different story when comparing the two. Like above said, you should choose the one you like/prefer. We all have different opinion and preference at the end of the day.

Charic , i own a squier p bass and it's my first bass ( i play bass for roughly 1 and a half year ) . I would've tried them if i could Charic haha =P but unfortunatly ... The only basss that i can try are Fender jazz bass Mexican and American , Ibanez , Yamaha etc but don't like these brands at all specially Yamaha ..

Edited by Farisus

[quote name='Farisus' timestamp='1392124298' post='2364967']
Charic , i own a squier p bass and it's my first bass ( i play bass for roughly 1 and a half year ) . I would've tried them if i could Charic haha =P but unfortunatly ... The only basss that i can try are Fender jazz bass Mexican and American , Ibanez , Yamaha etc but don't like these brands at all specially Yamaha ..
[/quote]

So we can try to help you more;

What do you like about the Squier P-bass?
Do you have standard pickups?
Do you like the sound of the P-bass?
What are you looking for in a new bass?
Are you in a band?
What sort of music do you want to play with the new bass?
What look of bass do you like?
Are you happy with a bass that only has 1 pup? (a jazz or PJ allows you more flexibility in the tone)

So Grangur :
What i like about p bass is it's tone when picked specially when you have a fresh set of strings .the punk rock type of bass tone if you will ! And what i don't like about it is the positioning of the split coil pup , it's way too high ( i know that it makes the tone the way it actually is ). And also it's tone is not as flexible as a Jazz bass or any humbucker. I don't play in a band . I would like change a bit and try something else ... This morning i stumbled ( youtube ) upon a Fender Modern player jazz bass ( satin black ) and it looks very appealing and it sounds amazing ! I'm thinking about buying it what do you guys think ?

Edited by Farisus

Some Fender Jazz basses can sound amazing. A jazz will give you much more flexibility in the sound. Also, don't forget you can always change the pups too.

I've got Seymour Duncan Quarter pounders in my Squier P. It gives it a great punch and a really loud voice. I like mine.