Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Soundgear SR705

jazzyvee

A lady who I am helping to learn bass has come to the point where she wants to get a better instrument. Currently she has a Peavey Millennium 5 string. On a trip to GuitarGuitar to check out some basses it seems the Soundgear SR705 bass ticks all the right boxes for her in terms of sound, weight, body size, narrow-ish neck and visual appearance. ( that always helps)

Does anyone have any experience with this bass that they can share? Pros/Cons etc
Musically she is currently playing reggae but is now tackling rnb, funk, blues and in the near future some jazz.

Jazzyvee

Edited by jazzyvee

I think the SR70x models sound a little nicer to my ears than the SR50x or SR60x, buut they do have a maple "tone block" in the centre of the body, so it could be that. The whole SR range is great, really good quality basses for very reasonable prices BUT; you NEED to try one. Although I'm a big fan of Ibanez in general, and the SR range, I can't get on with the 5ers. Even though I play with a pretty light touch, the B string just feels (and sounds) flaccid and useless to me. It just doesn't give me the response I want. And I usually play 34" scale 5ers. Just something to consider.