Why become a member? ×

Does anyone video record their gigs and what do they use?

Harry

I'm currently using a zoom 2hd or a tascam drv 1hd for recording the band during gigs , just wondering what other people use and what other video cameras are around to use for live gigs/ functions weddings etc that will give a better quality picture? I found the sound quality from the zoom and tascam are pretty good and can be messed with to get a fairly nice sound for video clips etc, i'm really looking at getting something that can do both audio and video better without having to go through a desk etc, not looking for studio quality just a good video and audio sound to record live and capture the vibe
cheers

I use the Zoom 2hd as well.. video quality isn't that great but as you said the sound can be decent.
I have found most newish DSLR cameras cope quite well with audio/ some even have a line-in, video quality is pretty good as well. Bit bulkier than the Zoom but they can do a good job.

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1391427450' post='2356937']
I use the Zoom 2hd as well.. video quality isn't that great but as you said the sound can be decent.
I have found most newish DSLR cameras cope quite well with audio/ some even have a line-in, video quality is pretty good as well. Bit bulkier than the Zoom but they can do a good job.
[/quote]

ok great will check them out, i'm happy with the sound for what i get out of the zoom, just need a better quality picture

Hi i used to used a zoom h2, which is a decent bit of kit. I now use a Panasonic FZ150 bridging camera which does a decent job. The sound quality is as good if not better than my old zoom and the picture quality is excellent. I bought it 2 years ago and was £350. Its probably a lot cheaper now as these sort of things go out of date pretty quick. I still use it now and you can take pictures whilst recording which is a bonus. Its got all the gear on it and a fantastic zoom which is handy if you have the camera further away.Its HD and has various settings on it. You get software with it as well.
They are loads of video clips on youtube which might help you decide. Ive put a sample of the one i use on the link below. It was a bit close to us (about 10 feet away) the pub was really small and we play loud Hope this helps :rolleyes:
http://youtu.be/NoZA5WoRbIw