Why become a member? ×

Guitar Pro6 problem

Marvin

I have GP6 installed on my Mac and on my Windows laptop. (It comes with a 5 machine license)

Today both machines are suffering problems, neither will play back GP files. On the mac it just
sounds as if someone's hitting their head on a piano and on the laptop as soon as you press
play it says it can't open and says to shut the programme down.

I've also noticed that the notation won't display properly, it's all misaligned and has 'font missing' all over it.

According to my laptop GP6 is an incompatible program. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and run
the repair update for GP6 and nothing works. I'm at a loss.

It seems very bizarre that both machines are effected.

Edited by Marvin

Cheers Liam, it's under preferences on a Mac. Switched it off, closed down and restarted GP, still no good though :(

I think there must be an issue with the Mac as I, welk my wife, fixed the laptop. A similar thing happened with Tuxguitar on my mac I seem to remember :(

RSE = as stated above is the Realistic Sound Engine. In GP 6 you can turn on and off the RSE sound banks by using either F2 or menu Sound>RSE. You might want to check the Audio Devices in that menu just below as well.

If it is choppy then are you sure that there's no other process chunking away - so see what the Activity Monitor shows up.

Do other audio apps behave or could it be a Mac OS-level audio issue?

[quote name='vsmith1' timestamp='1391418620' post='2356785']
RSE = as stated above is the Realistic Sound Engine. In GP 6 you can turn on and off the RSE sound banks by using either F2 or menu Sound>RSE. You might want to check the Audio Devices in that menu just below as well.

If it is choppy then are you sure that there's no other process chunking away - so see what the Activity Monitor shows up.

Do other audio apps behave or could it be a Mac OS-level audio issue?
[/quote]

I tried GarageBand yesterday, as it was the only programme I could think was in any way similar, no problems.

I opened GP6 up today and it seems to be working fine... :blink:

Thanks for the tips and advice, I'll bear them in mind if it occurs again. Cheers