Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz - Shuttle 9.2 vs Streamliner 900

mcnach

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1391755666' post='2360890'] http://www.ipswichpa.co.uk/gator-g-mix-b-1212-mixer-carry-case-bag-12-x-1175-1049-p.asp This one is the perfect size, and offers more protection than the thin Genz case (I've had both) The Protec small mixer bag 1212 is best in terms of protection, but chunkier, and difficult to find now (possibly discontinued?) [/quote]

Thanks!
I could not find the Protec one, so I ordered the Gator case :)

I had a Streamliner 900 and still have a Shuttle 9.0. The Streamliner was great with my BF Midget t, but the low end was overpowering with my BF Big Baby t, the Shuttle 9 works great for me with the Big Baby. I sold the Streamliner for a Shuttlemax 9.2. I think you made the right choice for your BB2.

i had a streamliner, it sounded great on it's own but on gigs I was finding a bit murky and lacking definition so I swapped it for a shuttle 9.2 and am much happier with it, I use berg cabs , the ceramic driver ones and they're a good fit with the shuttle but maybe the streamliner works well with neo drivers . I personally think the shuttle sounds much less compressed than TC rh450

I have a ShuttleMax 9.2 and found the mixture of the two FET channels to be brilliant. Before hand I had been using an amp with a switchable tube or FET channel, or sometimes just a basic class D amp.
I have found the STLMax to be deafeningly loud (perhaps matching ohmages to cabs helped!). The tube channel helpfully muddies stuff up a bit without sounding raspily overdriven to my ears, so combining the two channels give you warmth with the cold deep slab of FETness.

Absolutely brilliant.