Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sub 4 Bass - Cheap, but read why [SOLD]
£275

Sazgo

Selling my MM Sub bass i bought a few years, It however came with what i could call a fault/issue i will do my best to explain it:

The output jack socket is loose or has a bad connection. The bass is fine when played with little movement. Such as practicing at home. However if you move around alot the output can cut out and you have to fiddle with the lead / adjust it to get the sound back. As far as i can tell it has nothing to do with wiring just the metal connections between the jack and socket(ii use the same lead for other basses so isn't that). They might even just need cleaning... but i cant guarantee that.

I have no knowledge of instrument components so have not tried to fix this myself. I opened it once but the output socket has a plastic cover and i dont have the tools to tighten it from the outside nor did i want to break anything so i have kept it as it is.
I have listed this at a bargain price for anyone who just wants a practice bass or wants to fix it themselves and resell.

About the bass itself:
It has seen little action. The headstock has some tiny nicks on the very top but is otherwise in great condition. The neck is perfect and smooth apart from 1 tiny mark which should be barely visible on the pic. The body is in perfect condition as far as i can tell.

The strings were changed not too long ago, i wasnt happy with the picked tone when using newer strings on it (tried several sets) this is one of the main reasons for it just gathering dust. It has a nice fat tone when plucked with fingers though.

I am not interested in trading
The bass can be picked up from my home in Grantham. Or i could travel to a nearby city such as Nottingham or Lincoln.

I don't mind sending it via courier (cushioned in a padded gig bag) but this would need to be organized by the buyer and at their own risk.

Any further questions or want to see more pics just post here. Also the price will be negotiable if there is a lack of interest.

Edited by Sazgo

You could fix it yourself for nothing - depending on the type of jack socket, sometimes the socket part that should touch the tip of the plug gets slightly bent and this can lead to intermittent connections, I know I fixed this little problem on one of mine a few weeks back.
Literally remove the control plate and look at the connection. plug a lead in and see if it is a good tight connection. If there is any movement or gap between the plug and any part of the socket, this is your problem. Remove the plug and bend the connector so it is now a tight connection. Reassemble and try it.

Anyway good luck with the sale, it shouldn't hang around too long at that price.

Thanks for the info guys. Its currently pending a sale. I would rather see it go to use elsewhere as even without the issue i think it would be collecting dust here i dont play so much the last few years, and tend to do my practice on a different type of bass.