Why become a member? ×

Gone
£7900

mrbassman_de

[b]Traded !![/b]

Second cance to get this beautiful Fodera Anthony Jackson Presentation model 6 string bass - it was offered last year by Nick - another fellow BC'er. I recently got it in a trade from him after a long long discussion about options. Nick was very supportive and we finally agreed on a deal in December. I picked it up in London and I was so happy to get this amazing bass in my hands. In fact I was floored when I opened the case and touched it for the first time. This moment was a peak in my GAS experience in the last years. And some of you know how much amazing basses I own and owned...

However, after a few weeks playing I have to say that I would have to spend A LOT of time and effort to get familiar with it - if it will work at all. It has a lovely tone and super low action, but this bass is HUGE in all dimensions - scale, length, depth, weight, tone. And it does not forgive any lousy playing. A challenge for any ambitious and talented 6-string bass player. To be honest it seems that I overestimated my ressources to manage this masterpiece with its strengths. It certainly shows my limits. Fact.

So I decided to offer it here again - now also for trading. I am sure there are masters out there who would get it under control and would then benefit from it's wonderful sounds.

It is in MINT condition - besides the very minor dings mentioned and shown by Nick in his post. The neck is flat and allows fast runs.

The sound is quite open, yet organic in the treble, even along all registers down to a deep low end, always with a subtle "wooden" flavour.

Here are the specs again:
Presentation Grade Flamed Redwood top, Carved
Swamp Ash Body, Chambered
5-pc Neck with pin stripe Purpleheart Stringers
Madagascar Kingwood Board, no board markers, 28 frets
36" scale
Gold Hardware
One Seymour Duncan Dual Coil Pickup
No Preamp !
Built 2001

Original teardrop hardcase included.

Edited by mrbassman_de