Why become a member? ×

A 'Travel' Bass?

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1390682482' post='2348345']
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOX-APACHE1B-SR-4String-Travel-Bass-Guitars-with-BuiltIn-Amplifier-and-Rhythms-/121262433456"]http://www.ebay.co.u...s-/121262433456[/url]

Hideous, and yet strangely alluring...
[/quote]
These have been around for a couple of years now and can't see what's hideous about them at all.

Perhaps you can tell us why you find it hideous?

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1390693661' post='2348454']
These have been around for a couple of years now and can't see what's hideous about them at all.

Perhaps you can tell us why you find it hideous?
[/quote]

Ugly. UG-LEE. Not aesthetically pleasing, to my eyes at least. Yet the concept - a bass with a built-in drum machine, and its own internal speaker, I find attractive. What can I say, I'm torn! :blink:

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1390721574' post='2348524']
Ugly. UG-LEE. Not aesthetically pleasing, to my eyes at least. Yet the concept - a bass with a built-in drum machine, and its own internal speaker, I find attractive. What can I say, I'm torn! :blink:
[/quote]
Yes i understand now but they are just copies of the 1960s VOX Teardrop and Phantom basses.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1390736510' post='2348736']
Yes i understand now but they are just copies of the 1960s VOX Teardrop and Phantom basses.
[/quote]

I was forced to use an original 60's Teardrop at an impromptu gig once... it was hideous to behold, and even worse to play... something I'd managed to push it to the back of my mind.... now I'll need more therapy to deal with the unleashed repressed memories... :(