Why become a member? ×

Hamer USA Custom 12-String Bass RARE "Jeff Ament" Pearl Jam Model
£1750

loveboatcaptain

For Sale is my very very rare Hamer USA Custom, 12-string bass. Referred to by Hamer USA as the "Jeff Ament" Bass. (Pearl Jam's Bass Playe)

These never went into production and only a handful were made in the early nineties to Jeff's exact specs as the bass was designed for him. In the late nineties, Hamer custom made a few 'tribute' style models for custom orders only for people that wanted a Jeff Ament style bass, but these late nineties ones were not authentic as they didn't have the mottled paint finish or the boomerang inlays. Only these initial earlier models have the exact spec. The number I am told from Hamer is approx 5 of these were made.

It is in fantastic condition (near Mint/mint) New Strings. These basses do not come around too often.
Google search Jeff Ament to see him in action with this beast.

Comes with original custom fitted hard case from Hamer USA. The case does have some damage and scrapes etc. It currently has a few Pearl Jam stickers on the case. I replaced the handle as the original handle broke. This is a heavy bass and case!

This thing sounds incredible - Like thunder!! EMG Pickups. If you are familiar with Pearl Jam's Jeremy, Why Go, Leash, Go, Lukin, etc. This is that exact sound... Exact! I have rarely used it but when I have it has been matched with a Fender Bassman 100T and wow.

I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan and sorry to see this go, but with three Rickenbackers in my arsenal and a baby on the way lol, I need to let this go.

£1750 or offers

Based in Essex/London UK

[attachment=152292:photo copy.JPG]

[attachment=152293:photo copy 4.JPG]

[attachment=152294:photo copy 2.JPG]

[attachment=152295:photo.JPG]

[attachment=152296:photo copy 7.JPG]

[attachment=152297:photo copy 6.JPG]

[attachment=152298:photo copy 10.JPG]

Edited by loveboatcaptain

Awesome. Jeff is a bass hero of mine and PJ my favourite band ever. If I wasn't spending all my cash on going to 9 of their shows this year, I'd be all over this. Good luck with the sale :-)

Haha, me too Sean, hence the username ;)
I'm off to Milton keynes this year only as baby is fast approaching, otherwise I'd be right with ya on the tour. We also usually go to lots of shows and country's following this awesome band inc PJ20 few years back which was insane!

If you change your mind, I'll always do you a good deal :)

Enjoy the tour dude!

It's long scale. It's a huge heavy bass :) the thing sounds insane too. I never use it, but I have put it through my Fender 100T amp/head (which it appears Jeff has has switched to last couple of tours for PJ and RNDM) and it sounds amazing, exact Jeremy, why go tone etc.

Yeah, Jeff asked Hamer to design his bass in the same shape as Tom Petersson's (Cheap Trick bass player and first guy to have and so called inventor of the 12 string bass). Petersson's has that fake hole you mentioned.

• 4 months later...