Why become a member? ×

Ampeg Micro VR

opthomasrhymes

Hi guys and gals.

Currently playing through a RedSub 150w combo. It has been great for the money, now looking to upgrade to a stack. Interested in the Ampeg Micro VR as I like the sounds and also the look. At 200w it should give me enough power ( i DI to the PA anyway), I would mostly likely hook it up to a RedSub 2 x 10, and maybe in the future also a 1 x 15. Have heard the have been problems when linking two cabs to this head, is that just the Ampeg Cabs ? Have also seen varying reports on whether the amp is loud enough for gigging, I see no reason why 200w shouldn't be enough..

Any info would be great. Many thanks

Apparently it's fine with most other cabs, Perhaps the impedance of a pair of SVT210AV cabs dips slightly below 4 ohms and the Micro VR head can't tolerate it other amps can.

If you're not using the stack though so don't need the Micro VR head to complete the look, there are plenty of other amp options to choose from - there are a few 500W heads you could pick up used for the price of a new Micro VR for example!