Why become a member? ×

SOLD!
£1640

4low

Updated Price: 1090 £ / 1390 €

I am selling my Warwick FNA Jazzman - one of only 200 from the Limited Edition for Warwick's 20th anniversary in 2002.
The most spectacular feature is probably the top which is made of Swirly Bubinga : Warwick had started collecting and storing this wood years before especially for this Edition.
Ovangkol neck and palisander fretboard with mother-of-pearl inlays.
Hans-Peter Wilfer (founder of Warwick) has personally signed this bass on the back of the headstock.
The bass has the Warwick signature growl, 2 MEC (Large Pole MM & J) Pickups, nice to adjust with 3-Band-EQ and "Slap Countour" activation through pulling the violume poti.
3way Miniswitch for the MM-HB (Serial, Parallel, Single Coil).
Top condition, comes with Warwick user kit (only the bee wax is out, which is good news, as the bass has been well taken care of) and certificate.
The instrument is located in Munich, Germany, but I will be happy to ship.

1190 £ / 1490 € plus shipping. No trades!

Will take more pictures on request.

Edited by 4low

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is still for sale, but have a free bump! I have a couple of FNA Jazzman basses and they're lovely. They aren't curved like Streamers but I think a curve would only make me expand my beer belly to fit the curve....

Lovely bass. Wish I had the money, and the desire for a 4 string haha. Does this really have the "slap contour" EQ with the volume switch? Mine had the standard MEC preamp and this switch just bypasses the preamp entirely (very useful if you have a flat battery)

Edited by 72deluxe

Thanks, 72!
It is a great bass and, yes. it is still for sale... All I am doing now with it is look at and admire it while I play 5ers...
This one has the best looking top of all the 2002 Ltd.s I have seen: the proportion of the lighter part in the middle of the body just seems "right" in relation to the body...
Yes, it does have the "Slap Contour" feature - wich I find great...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I am currently traveling abroad and the bass is not with me... if I remember correctly, it is number 162... this is also written on the back of the headstock - but the picture isn't clear enough.
I will verify the 162 when I am back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='72deluxe' timestamp='1405942942' post='2506707']
You don't see many FNA Jazzman basses coming up for sale - nor many of them in the wild! I'm glad to know they are around. You see far more Corvettes.
[/quote]

I always call my FNA Jazzman a corvette due to the same body shape - am i being thick?

Not really, but the Corvette has no preamp, and even the "active" Corvette with a preamp only has bass / treble boost and not the three-band like the FNA.

Additionally, the FNA was the one that has the massive humbucker on it, so it sounds quite different to a Corvette (I have an active Corvette too!), and obviously with the Jazzman you can get a warm round tone thanks to the neck pickup. You can also route the electronics on the FNA differently (pickups in series in different orders or in parallel), whereas the Corvette only offers a blend between the two pickups.

They are the same shape though. Flat.

But I would say they are rather different instruments given the different electronics and pickups. The FNA Jazzman sounds much beefier than the Corvette to my deaf ears.

I think the FNA should fetch a higher price than the Corvette due to the extra versatility of the instrument (you can boost the middles!) and if you have one with a fancypants EQ (not standard), it has a smile-curve EQ for quick slapping tone that you get by pulling the volume knob (it is a preamp bypass switch ordinarily).

So yes without me blabbing on further, I would argue that FNA is superior to the Corvette (which is subjective, depending on what you're after in a bass obviously) and is quite a different instrument.

[quote name='72deluxe' timestamp='1405959028' post='2506944']
Not really, but the Corvette has no preamp, and even the "active" Corvette with a preamp only has bass / treble boost and not the three-band like the FNA.

Additionally, the FNA was the one that has the massive humbucker on it, so it sounds quite different to a Corvette (I have an active Corvette too!), and obviously with the Jazzman you can get a warm round tone thanks to the neck pickup. You can also route the electronics on the FNA differently (pickups in series in different orders or in parallel), whereas the Corvette only offers a blend between the two pickups.

They are the same shape though. Flat.

But I would say they are rather different instruments given the different electronics and pickups. The FNA Jazzman sounds much beefier than the Corvette to my deaf ears.

I think the FNA should fetch a higher price than the Corvette due to the extra versatility of the instrument (you can boost the middles!) and if you have one with a fancypants EQ (not standard), it has a smile-curve EQ for quick slapping tone that you get by pulling the volume knob (it is a preamp bypass switch ordinarily).

So yes without me blabbing on further, I would argue that FNA is superior to the Corvette (which is subjective, depending on what you're after in a bass obviously) and is quite a different instrument.
[/quote]

Cheers 72 delux - mine has that pull slap tone thingy but i have beefed my slap tone (via the little screws in the back) for playing certain metal tunes rather than a nice slappy tone.

They are awesome basses, my neck is lighting fast. Good luck with the sale and i wish i had the justification to buy another

Thanks, guys, for the explanations and free bumps...
The "slap tone thingy" is called the "Slap Contour" feature, and all 2002 Limiteds have it. Works great!

I hope I find a good home for him...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, it sure is! People seem to think that, just because it is pretty, it cannot be a player... but everyone who has tried one knows better...
By the way: you DO need two of them, sure! :-)
... just imagine something happened to one of them...and I also believe you would then have more than 1% ... in 12 years, I am sure some of them got destroyed...

Edited by 4low

• 1 month later...