Why become a member? ×

Looking for a throaty fuzz/distortion

DanEly

I need some help looking for a really throaty punchy distortion/fuzz.

I've got a microtubes b3k (for sale) to be replaced by a b7k and a bass big muff that great for the things I want them for but
I'm after a different really gutsy, throaty distortion, with mids that really do sing and up out whilst mataining fundamental low end punch. Maybe I'm after more of a fuzz than a distortion. What do you guys reckon? I was thinking of maybe a USA big muff.

I'd be playing this though a P + and Ampeg vr

What do you reckon?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1388176628' post='2319240']
What is your budget? You would do a lot worse than giving Cog effects a message :)
[/quote] was tempted but with the monies I'm dropping on the b7k I don't want to spend too much and the prospect of new board as well my bank will hate me.

[quote name='DanEly' timestamp='1388181664' post='2319307']
was tempted but with the monies I'm dropping on the b7k I don't want to spend too much and the prospect of new board as well my bank will hate me.
[/quote]

He gives discounts to BC members and has a number of stock fuzz/drive circuits to play with. Get in touch and see if he can do something for you!

I'll check out all the pedal mentioned!

[quote name='topo morto' timestamp='1388258564' post='2320148']
IE QF2 (Disclaimer : I'm selling mine) is a bit of a midrange king, as you can focus and stucture your mids with the 4 band EQ and then sweep those with the expression pedal as you play. For a simpler thing, have you tried an SFT?
[/quote]

SFT?