Why become a member? ×

Bitsa Building

Clarky72

Is there a Warmoth equivalent in the UK at all other than Sims really? There's some great looking Warmoth parts and options but with tax and shipping it makes the parts very expensive to get over here.

I've found the likes of WD Music, Guitarbuild, and some others, but no idea if they're any good really.

Thx

[quote name='Grissle' timestamp='1387962101' post='2317495']
Fender sells bodies and necks now. That's the way I would go. Better resale also.
[/quote]

That's a valid point. Bitsa basses can play and sound better than the real thing but if they don't have the Fender logo on them and a serial number, if you ever decide to sell them, people don't want to know.

I built a bitsa with a body I got for buttons on ebay, a mighty mite neck and original fender LX and hardware. It sounded awesome and I sold it on for a decent price. Would've kept it but the body was a bit heavy for me. If I was building a bitsa again there is no way I'd buy a Fender body for £100's. I'd try to get a s/h one for cheap (and light weight), but I'd not skimp on the neck, pups l/x and h/ware. But you don't really build these things for the resale value, you build them to get what you want, and for a hobby if you are that way inclined

Go onto eBay and look for Papa Ds Music Emporium, you will have to search for something like 'Bass Tuners' then scroll through until you find some being sold by Papa Ds, I've used them a lot and they are REALLY cheap, also C H Guitars who have a shop in South Shields have some great bodies and necks and again are very cheap. I bought a bass neck from them and it's very good