Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Advice Please

Thor

[quote name='mildmanofrock' timestamp='1388419914' post='2321771']
Neither was mine. Sorry if it came across like that.
[/quote]

No, it's cool,, I just thought about adding those comments from Aguilar so everyone knew what they were.
I gigged my 751 for 3 years and I always regretted selling it, hence the reason 2 months later I bought the 750.

Probably another stupid question from me! :D

Should I use the effects loop or is it okay to stick the effects straight into the input jack (as I normally would)?

I shall be using Octaver, Chorus, Fuzz & Overdrive - not all at the same time though! :P

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1388843522' post='2326721']
Probably another stupid question from me! :D

Should I use the effects loop or is it okay to stick the effects straight into the input jack (as I normally would)?

I shall be using Octaver, Chorus, Fuzz & Overdrive - not all at the same time though! :P
[/quote]

i stuck all my effects in front of the amp, tbh only really delays and verbs i might stick in the loop now.

however you can always try there no wrong or right depends if you want some of it to avoid the preamp, but my guess is you'll want the fuzz and drive to be in front of the pre, and the octave you like most im guessing have that first in your effects so tbh probs just keep it inline and go into the input.

andy

Cheers Andy, had a play round with it this afternoon before gig, tried 'em in the effects loop but preferred it straight in the front of the amp.

I'm really pleased with the amp and the cab - first outing and all the guys in the band were well impressed and complimented the sound - I had the EQ flat and had the bright switch always engaged and engaged the deep switch on and off throughout the night according to what we were playing - WOW! I'm blown away by just how much depth there is to the tone and yet also how clear the mids & highs are - very happy chappy! :)

I have played both, as hired rigs. there is quite a difference tone wise between the two the 750's mid knob is centred lower down prob 4-500 the 751 is defo higher i reckon prob in the 750-850 hz range. The eq on the 751 is much more sensitive, the 750 less so, in fact it doesnt really seem to do much, so if you don't like the basic tone or you are in a boomy room or cant cut through you wont have many options. The di on both of them is wicked.. Both are very heavy i reckon 30 kg or so..
Both amp have a low mid hump which makes a passive bass, esp a jazz bass (what i use) very punchy.
I would save the money and go for a 751, in real world situations its a far better option, as you have some tweak ability in the important eq regions. They made the changes for a reason.

They do sound magic though and are very powerful. Much louder than you think, plenty loud enough with you super twelve on its own. If they did a tone hammer 900 it would prob be a good bet too, they are also very simple to operate and sound good.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the TH500 has the same ( or at least a similar in output ) power section as the STR900.
Either way, it puts it out there.
B)

[quote name='paulie' timestamp='1389090669' post='2329675']
I woulnt go so far as to say the Aguilar is completely reliable. Ive seen a few issues crop up with them from time to time. But either the 750 or 751 are great options.
[/quote]

i had the output transformer fail on my old 750, however no smoke or panic like the ampeg i had, and was offered a new replacement 750 as said amp was sent back to the states to be tested as they hadnt had the fault before!

andy