Why become a member? ×

DHA EQ/DI pedal New

DHA

[quote name='DHA' post='266247' date='Aug 20 2008, 12:58 PM']Hi,

The final production of the VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive is now complete as the new PCB and design has been tested. Anyone waiting for a VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive will receive the new version in the couple of weeks.

Pictures soon but it has the following features.

VT1 valve overdrive with active EQ, Q sweep, balanced DI, line in/out, headphone amp, Colour switch, bright switch, selectable clean Boost with level, DI gnd lift.

10 knobs, 4 switches all on the top of the box.

knobs -

left to right (top row) i/p pad, Gain, Boost, Level, Q
left to right (bottom row) Headphone/line out level, DI Level, Treble, Mid, Bass

switches -

left to right, Colour, Bright, Boost, DI gnd lift.

connections -

1/4" jack instrument in and out.
XLR balanced DI out
2.5mm power connector
2.5mm stereo jack headphone/line out
2.5mm stereo jack line in.

The DI and line out/headphones are on all the time there is power connected but the EQ and valve drive is selected with true by-pass with the footswitch. The EQ is active and there is a mid range Q sweep.

The line in allows the user to play along to backing, cd's, mp3's, iPod, etc. on the headphones/line out.

Colour adds gain, distortion and compression - almost fuzz.

Thanks to all for the comments and reviews which have helped develop this product. There is a short but very good review in the latest UK bassplayer mag.

We are trying to keep the price low for a pedal with all these features as we see it as our volume bass product so keeping the £149 plus P&P and including Power supply for a while.

Dave[/quote]

Would 3.5mm stereo jacks not be better for the headphone jack/line out and line in? Headphones and mini stereo cables seem to be more readily available in these sizes (as far as i am aware).
Colour me interested tho, especially as you now seem to have discontinued those kits you were doing....

[quote name='El_JimBob' post='267929' date='Aug 22 2008, 03:46 PM']Would 3.5mm stereo jacks not be better for the headphone jack/line out and line in? Headphones and mini stereo cables seem to be more readily available in these sizes (as far as i am aware).
Colour me interested tho, especially as you now seem to have discontinued those kits you were doing....[/quote]

Yes, you are right should be 3.5mm for line in/out.

Stopped doing the kits

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='268059' date='Aug 22 2008, 07:31 PM']Dave, what would it take to add a switchable speaker sim on the DI/line/headphone outputs? This pedal would really have my interest then![/quote]

A speaker sim would be a digital thing and I don't do that, sorry.

BTW the headphone output can drive stereo speakers at about a 1W per channel into 8R.

Dave