Why become a member? ×

Ashbory Bass £140 posted SOLD
£150

rushbo

SOLD ON EBAY

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hi all,

Serious Genz Benz GAS means something has to go. And this is the something.

Up for grabs is my minty condition Ashbory fretless Bass. It's a great instrument -fun to pay and a very passable Double Bass substitute...and loads easier to cart around. It's been hung on the wall forever and needs to be played (and I need that Genz Benz extension cab...) so I'm letting it go for £140 incl postage. It's had very little use and still has the plastic on the control plate. It comes with it's own padded case and three spare strings.

I'm based in Halesowen in the West Mids if you fancy a twang. A free mince pie awaits if you do.

EDIT: I had a PM from Dr Harry who wanted to know a bit more about the Bass, including "Did anyone laugh when you used it...." [color=#000000] [/color]
[color=#000000]Rather than cheekily bump the thread, with his permission, here's my reply: [/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Nobody laughed when I used it, but my bandmates raised an eyebrow or two when I whipped out the talcum powder….[/color]
[color=#000000]I gigged it a few times (maybe 6 or 7) in a Folky three piece which folded last September. It takes a little while to get used to the tight spacing, but it is surprisingly "forgiving" for a less than accurate Bassist like me. Output is slightly lower than a "normal" Bass, but not troublingly so. I haven't broken a string, the spares came with the Bass, which I bought from a guy on BassChat – quelle surprise. So far, no obvious signs of aging –brittleness etc. The replacement strings are two D's and a G, by the way. Tuning is stable, but I only ever used it for a couple of tunes during a set. [/color]
[color=#000000]It's great fun to play and sounds lovely, but for the Classic Rock bands I play in, a regular fretless fits better in the mix. I play in a Paul Rodgers tribute band, so I use the Squier a bit, but the Ashbory would sound too "uprighty" to fit in. [/color][/font][/size]

Edited by rushbo