Why become a member? ×

A/B Comparison between Wireless & Cable

AREA

Hi Guys,

I think that could be interesing for some of you. I´ve done a little Recording

I wanted the Comparison between a Wireless System and an Instrument Cable

So here it is.....

Bass ist my Squier 70 Vintage Modified Jazz Bass. Both Pickups, Toneblend 20% open.

Wireless System is a AKG WMS 40 Pro Flexx

I´ve played it directly into my Low-Budget Soundcard, so be patient. Also i did the Recording very quick. Nothing special, just a short Riff for the A/B Comparsion..so who finds some mistakes, can keep them. :)

[url="http://boomp3.com/listen/byk8lbaxs_q/a-b-vergleich"]A/B Comparsion between Cable & Wireless System[/url]

So is there a huge noticable Difference? Listen yourself. And if there´s only a small Difference, is it worth to go with a Wireless System @ Live Gigs, because you can move around a lot more? Is there a Difference?

No Doubt, in the Studio, we all usa a good Cable, but Live?! I think it´s worth to go with the Wireless system . Do you guess wich is Cable and wich is Wireless?

Edited by AREA

first one is wireless?? maybe my sensitive ears, but to me some biting tone was lost comparing the first sample to the second. if so, thats food for thought...

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='228714' date='Jun 28 2008, 09:42 PM']first one is wireless?? maybe my sensitive ears, but to me some biting tone was lost from the first sample to the second. if so, thats food for thought...[/quote]

But I have to say you´re wrong. First one is played with a Cordial Intstrument Cable, the second one is played over the AKG Wireless System, with identical Settings.

I've always found that my wireless made everything a TINY (and I mean tiny) bit brighter and livelier than with a cable. Whether that's good or bad, I'm not really sure...

Certainly worth it live at any rate! Even if you don't move around that much, the fact you can turn a full circle with no worries, not get tangled with anyone else, and not stand on the lead, pulling it out of the bass or amp, or tripping yourself over is priceless.

Edited by Finbar

I did a bit of A/B testing between good quality cable and an elderly Nady 201. The amp I used for the test wasn't brilliant but served its purpose. I found that I could just about distinguish between the two but I couldn't say exactly what qualities changed between them, and I didn't think that one was better or worse than the other, just very slightly different.