Why become a member? ×

Jazz pickguard/knobs

The times they are a changing.

So sang that bloke with a scruffy perm who can't play the mouth organ but that's not important just now.
What is important is that I've just bought myself a sweety off the bay of evil making my vascillating Jazz project a mere hiccup in my bass rack. So - onto the market comes.........

Replacement pearloid white J pickguard WITH 3 P type knobs each having a matching white pearloid insert. Pretty. £15 the lot. STILL AVAILABLE

Fender Jazz body from my MIM. Midnight blue. Ding/chip free , few light scratches on the back - ie not down to the wood and you have to search for them. No issues at all. £50 SOLD

(Licenced by Fender) Mighty Mite P fretless neck (yes , P not J ) Ebanol (some sort of black composite) fingerboard. Unlined. Side dots where the frets 1,3,5,7,9,12 an onwards should be. Maple neck with the truss rod insert - you know the drill. Brand spanking new , this fella , though it's been fitted so...
It has a varnished over decal with the single word 'Fender' , 70's logo. Included is a second decal 'Fender precision Bass' same style , though it's a bit cheapo.
I has screwholes for 2 string guides/trees/tees. It has holes for fancy tuners on the headstock back but no 'regular' mounting holes. The ones that are there are 100% underneath any mounted tuner.
It was too tight a fit in the Jazz body pocket so I shaved a little wood from the heel. You cannot see this at all when the neck is in place. Nice snug fit now. Cos I'm a great person you get a newish set of Fender flats with this. £40 SOLD

Replacement pearloid white J pickguard WITH 3 P type knobs each having a matching white pearloid insert. Pretty. £15 the lot. STILL AVAILABLE

MIM Jazz electrics set. Both pups. The chrome control plate with the 3 pots and the jack still on it and wired up. This set includes the bridge too because I can't be arsed to try and sell it on it's own anymore. £20 SOLD

Pics of all but the neck here
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18056&hl=fettled+fender"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...=fettled+fender[/url]

'Who's paying the postage' - I hear you cry.

'You are'- is my pithy retort.

Offers welcome - you can only get told to go boil your head so don't stress about it.

Paypal (if you must let them rob me of some of my money) - cheques - BACS - cash etc etc - all OK. Collection fine too - kettle's on , Hob Nobs in stock but you'll have to fight the cat for them.

COMING SOON
The machines and bridge from a reissue 54 Precision which probably gives the more astute of you a clue as to what I just bought - but it won't be here for a week or so. MAYBE SOLD IN ADVANCE

Christ , that's so much typing I've got carpal tunnel from it - so don't let the end of my playing career be in vain by being tight arsed.

Edited by Dr.Dave

[quote name='WarPig' post='228463' date='Jun 28 2008, 10:18 AM']some bloody good prices here! If it was about a monnth earlier id have had the lot! haha typical.

how much on postage for the electronics?[/quote]

Can't be much can it? Even in this day and age. 3 quid? 2? Whatever , if anyone overpays I'll refund it , as has always been my policy and been done on several occassions.

BTW - thanks for your comments , I'm now considering raising all the prices and it's your fault !!!!!!!

Well........

The 54 reissue bridge and tuner futures look like they're on their way when I actually get them myself.

Someone claiming to be , nominally at least , an elderly , equine Irishman has bought most of the rest....

Leaving just the pearly stuff covered pickguard and knobs. Surely someone wants to take advantage of this excellent opportunity for double entendre by buying them.

Edited by Dr.Dave