Why become a member? ×

Fender Stu Hamm Urge II Bass - SOLD

Smash

Thinking of selling my Fender Stu Hamm Urge II Bass trouble is I have no idea what these basses sell for now, I paid £1150 in the Bass Gallery in London 3 years ago, trouble is the bass has a very distinctive tone, very bright sounding ideal for slap and tapping but its not my style. I wrote a passage on the technical forum about the pickups being noisey but since then I have tried another Stu Hamm bass and it is identical, very very hot pickups. Colour is black with tortoise scratch plate and there is one mark/scratch on the bottom of the bass.

Reason for selling is I want to buy a 4 string headed Status Stealth Bass, if I find one 2nd hand I would be very happy.

£699.99 via Paypal, Includes Postage

Now on ebay too

Edited by Smash

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='228340' date='Jun 27 2008, 10:39 PM']If it helps i saw a blue one go for £1250 a few weeks back.[/quote]

£1250!!! I wouldn't ask anything like that, but I really would like to know what it might be worth for someone. It is a lovely piece of wood but just not for me.

There's an Urge 1 on EBay right now - might help to give a guide price: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Urge-I-Stu-Hamm-Bass-USA-Made-VERY-Rare-1991_W0QQitemZ150263964183QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150263964183&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Urge-I-Stu-Ha...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

Colour is a rather 'fetching' raspberry though :)

Edited by molan

It's not raspberry (or pink) IT'S BURGUNDY MIST (as I would say when I owned an Urge Mk1 in that very same colour :)).

£800 seems about the right price for a Mk1 (I sold mine for a little more than that just a week or so ago), so maybe a bit more for an Urge II...

I would say that anyone looking for a quality precision or jazz bass should have a serious look at this bass. Essentially it's the best of both worlds but with more tonal options as it contains both passive and active circuitry.

These basses don't come up too often and I'm sure that the person who buys this bass will be extremely happy with their purchase !!

[quote name='7string' post='228780' date='Jun 28 2008, 11:19 PM']I would say that anyone looking for a quality precision or jazz bass should have a serious look at this bass. Essentially it's the best of both worlds but with more tonal options as it contains both passive and active circuitry.

These basses don't come up too often and I'm sure that the person who buys this bass will be extremely happy with their purchase !![/quote]

Thanks for the nice comments, it certainly has many sounds, although it is active only no passive switch like Urge I.

May consider trades with a cheaper bass and cash my way or status stealth 4 string headed. let me know.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='229446' date='Jun 30 2008, 07:56 AM']I played this bass yesterday and it's a fantastic instrument. Ash is a top bloke too - buy with confidence peeps.[/quote]
Thanks Homer a perfect gent, and with that nice comment I think a slight price drop and bump.

[quote name='Smash' post='246556' date='Jul 24 2008, 01:00 AM']Bump.... finding it so difficult to sell at the moment and want to buy new basses, is my price too expensive...[/quote]
I think your price is fine. People are skint at the mo' it would seem. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...