Why become a member? ×

Genz vs Euphonic

aende

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1385463157' post='2288472']

The 9.2 is the usual Genz Shuttle tone, which is tight, bright and clear. It will get much fuller if you engage the variable low boost which lowers the HPF...drop the hi mids to taste as well.
[/quote]

At last night's rehearsal, I played around a bit more with the high mids and ended up with a lovely tone. I'm loving the shuttle!

(The band in the next room was making a right ruckus - a bunch of deviants known as Dick Venom and the Terrortones ;-)
Popped in to say hello to BRX, the Warwick Star looks great!)

Have Shuttle 6 and EA Micro. Both are great - Shuttle is warmer, EA is cleaner - depends on your bass and gig as to which fits.

IMO if your gig gets loud, both are a bit girly when cranked up. The Shuttle 6 looses low end when pushed hard, where as the EA just stops getting louder. Because it is so clean it doesn't feel as loud in the 1st place.

So this year I bought a third option - GK1001RBII. It's like a car with a really big engine - always feels like there's lots of power in reserve, whatever your gig. I'm lucky to have these 3 amps - and they all get used. But if I had to sell them, the GK would be the last to go - even though it's not as clean sounding or as portable as the others.

I don't really need much volume but the genz streamliner and focus cabs for me IMHO is as good as I have heard.
Simple, light, LOUD when it needs to be and with great grit in the tone if you want it.
I can't say its worse or better than GK as I have never had the opportunity to use one but certainly the 600 streamliner punches hard for only being 600 watts.

• 2 weeks later...

[b]For me the iamp micro is one of the worst amps i've owned. Beautifully built, but lacks power....nowhere near 500 watts, it also lacks low end and is mid honky and compresses with volume...in my experience. I'm happy with my shuttle 9 and max 9.2, haven't tried a 6.0, i'm told they also lack a bit of bottom end. I believe the newer 6.2's have the same high pass as the 9.0, so should sound better. The iamp has nice input switching between channels, shame it doesn't sound nice for me, i know others love them.[/b]

Edited by MOSCOWBASS