Why become a member? ×

Condenser mic recommendations

Dave_the_bass

As the title says; I'm looking for recommendations for a condenser mic. I'd ideally like these recommendations to come from real world experience rather than brand loyalty/prejudice.

I'm about to buy myself an iRig pre (for a few reasons) so that I can plug a mic in to my phone for rehearsal recording purposes. I want to able to put a single condenser mic in the room and get a reasonable sound recording so that we can here the majority of what is happening.

My budget for this purchase is low so I'm looking at the likes of the Behringer C-1.

If someone could suggest a mic that is reasonable, or pass real world judgment on the Behringer, it would be appreciated.

Try and keep it sub £60

Cheers folks

Thomann SC140:-

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tbone_sc140.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...tbone_sc140.htm[/url]

£39.99

Somewhat better physical design then the C1 since the diaphragm is closer to the end of the mic (less of a lip or recess for sound to reflect off).

Gets a big thumbs up from Michael Joly of Oktavamod mic mods. For the money it sounds good.

If you want a mic that sounds great for almost any money than a Line Audio CM3 is absolutely stellar, comparable with £700+ mics from Schoeps and DPA for about £120. I have a stereo pair and they are absolutely killer mics.

Edited by 51m0n