Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN
£120

lownote

I recently restored this BBass Pro 4. New strings, pots cleaned, fingerboard setup and intonation done. Good paint, a couple of minor dings but nothing through to the wood. Everything works.

These are really good under-rated guitars, light and well balanced. Red stained maple body, maple neck-thru, rosewood f/board, 34" scale length, 24 frets. Dual EMG pups J style. Active preamp w/ Dual Vol, Stacked Bass/Treble cut/boost, active/passive switch. It has a drop D tuner, but I'm not convinced it's more than a gadget.

It's just I really wanted a P Bass when I got sidetracked by the Hohner, so if you've got a Squier Precision in decent nick and want a change, I could be up for it maybe with some cash as well your way, depending.

Based in East Anglia so local would be good as double shipping transfers can get messy.

You can hear one being played here

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Juo-y0craU[/media]

Edited by lownote12

ta! carry on like that and I'll end up keeping it :)
PS do you know how the insides of the drop tuner works? There's a little piece of metal involved but I can't work out what it does, where it should go and why the drop tuner drops OK but not to D. How do you set it up? (I've post in tech but no response).

Sorry if this hits the 36 hour buffer, mods, tell me and I'll remove this post - but i do want to know!

Edited by lownote12

Hi mate

I never really used the drop tuner myself, don't think I knew you could tune a bass differently then!

However, I did fiddle about with it just before I sold it and got it to work. Now, this is dredging back a bit but I think I opened the d tuner and wound the micro tuners either right open or right down on the bridge (what a beast of a bridge it is too, a Steinberger liscenced design I think!) Then I think I tuned the string to D, shut the D tuner and used the micro tuners to then adjust it to an E.

I think that's what I did anyway! GLWTS!