Why become a member? ×

Mark King Expohal 1985 vid, anyone keep a copy?

JJ Bass

Hi all,

Just been searching on youtube for the Mark King expohal gig but its no longer there, did anyone rip a copy off there and keep it on their hard drive? I've got the audio, but would like to get it back onto youtube again, watched it too many times :)

Thanks in advance!

J

Yes, it was just MK, a Jaydee, a stack of Trace's and a drum machine! Only about 15-20 minutes in total, but brilliant of course!

Look on youtube for Mark King Expohal (Dutch??) and you'll find the audio.

In the vid you saw Crockford (L42's then manager) wrapping up MK's leads and handing him a lit fag, thats being looked after alright.

Mark King a smoker...now I never knew that...Super Kings no doubt and Kingsize to boot?

I always assumed he was a bit of fitness freak in his early [s]tapes[/s] days judgin' by all those Muscle T Shirts ;) until I read he always cooks a pizza for reporters interviewing him at home!

Met him twice. First time in around, ohh must be 1983, no must of been 1984 as True Colours had only just been released. He was getting a drink at the bar at the Margate Winter Garden gig, proper nice fella from I can remember, I'd had a few so don't remember too much, only what my friends tell me :blush:

Saw him earlier in 1982'ish at the Central in Gillingham Medway but was sober and tongue tied so could only grunt something very embarrassing about Love Games.

good hunting...have you tried the fan forum?

Hi,

Haven't been on the forums for years! Only met MK once after a gig in Newark around 2000, lovely fella, certainly gave my mrs the eye, git!

Gillingham? Was that at The Central? That was 1981, and I have that on cd :) They played a very rare track on that gig, you'll find it on youtube. Also had a good jam at the end of Almost There, only time I've heard that version.

Mk's singing voice is better when he smokes, just a little deeper, see if you can find the Crystal palace gig from 1991, he mentions his liking of the fags then - yes, I know too much about L42!!

Drop me a line via pm and I'll try and email you The Central gig