Why become a member? ×

New Head/Amp

Astrosmurf

Guys n Gals,

Im fairly new to buying gear thats decent before as ive always bought what i can afford and thats been the deciding factor.

My 15yr old has just started platying in a band and is going to be gigging soon, now my ashdown practice amp isnt going to be enough and im looking at getting him some new stuff for xmas.

Im looking for a decent but smallish head, and cab wise either 2x10 or 1x15 ( with a view to buying the other when i can )

I dont live near a large dealer so trialling a few bits is gonna be a good 90 min trek minimum, with this in mind i may bite the bullet and internet order.

I have been looking at TC Electronic BH250, Ampeg Portaflex PF 350, Mark Bass Blackline 250 or maybe even the 450w behringer.

Does anyone have any views ( and i know its can of worms time ) at which would be the best way to go

If i was buying an amp now in that price range and from what you have said it would be a Genz Benz contour combo, you won't get better for £300 and you can add a cab if you need to later, i played through one at a jam night a few Weeks ago and it was brilliant on it's own, get one!

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1383419383' post='2264355']
If i was buying an amp now in that price range and from what you have said it would be a Genz Benz contour combo, you won't get better for £300 and you can add a cab if you need to later, i played through one at a jam night a few Weeks ago and it was brilliant on it's own, get one!
[/quote]

Now that seems like a good bit of advice.