Why become a member? ×

Hello!

JohnnyLightyear

Just a quick note of introduction...

What an awesome community! When I was first introduced to the internet back in 199something i couldn't work out why it was better than C-fax on the telly... now I know!

I'm 25 based in London and been playing about 12 years now. I mainly do session work at the moment- functions and club gigs and the odd recording date, but have a project bubbling away with some jazz minded friends too. Due to changing commitments, gigs etc (- also, I'd love to start an originals project, especially something instrumental with a strong slice of bass) plus financial pressures I think I'm going to have to start reorganizing my self and my rigg- possible with some buying and selling involved at some point. Its great to find a group of like minded and enthusiastic people who can give advice and recognise quality when they see it. Ebay makes me shudder!

Thanks again, I'm going to do a bit of exploring now!

Thanks Neepheid, as I forgot to mention my gear:

Ibanez 5 string Ergodyne EDA905 for live shows and practice.
Spector 5 string NS5XL USA series, strictly for studio work.
Yamaha 4 string (not sure which type- looks like an old school gig maker) which I've converted into a fretless with nylon wound strings.

Amp wise I've been committed to combos due to a need to get around without a motor for a while. I used to have a roland DB500 until it collapsed. Now I play through a Ashdown MAG 300, although I have just recently got my hands on a Trace Elliot 715 which sounds great at home, although I'm yet to gig it. Its perhaps a bit too similar to the Ashdown to justify keeping once you add a compression peddle to the mix.

Photos will follow soon!