Why become a member? ×

1990 Warwick Thumb *SOLD*

warwickhunt

I've just taken the aforementioned bass in part-ex against my Glock from a fellow BCer (cheers Stuart); the trade was done on the understanding that a bloke from The Toon was itching to buy the Thumb straight from me (he'd seen pics etc). Anyways... I picked up the Thumb this evening and in the interim he's gone and bought a Wal. Apparently he's been trying to contact me all day but as I've been out and about and then went straight up to the borders to exchange the bass/amp, I didn't hear from him. Hence I now find myself the proud owner of a very nice (but totally unwanted) 4 string Warwick Thumb :)

It really is a credit to Stuart (who has owned it for the last 15 years or so) and other than a few 'very minor' marks it could easily pass for a 1-2 year old bass. It is one of the earlier models with MEC pups and the fingerboard dot inlays. I'll get some pics up tomorrow evening (I'm fecked at the minute; been out all day on the bike and then had to dash up to Scotland before getting back to see friends off from Germany).

I wouldn't be adverse to trades for a Streamer bass (the older the better and nothing later than 91) or something else of interest (probably not an amp BUT you never know... it would have to be a bit esoteric so no TE / Ampeg / Ashdown type thing). WHY?

Cheers

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='225281' date='Jun 23 2008, 07:25 PM']That is absolutely delicious and high on my desire list too, perfectly so.

I don't suppose you fancy a Jazz Deluxe in p/ex? :huh:

Peter[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Peter but I've been there recently and the Jazz deluxe wasn't for me :)

Just buy this now and sells yours later :huh: