Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Day trip to Bradford

ubassman

If you're in Bradford and have a slightly wider interest in things musical then Salts Mill (Saltaire) and the Early Music Shop are a must. I have spent many hours (and some dosh) in there. Very understanding and knowledgeable staff who don't mind you trying stuff out. The building itself, the Hockney exhibition, the esoteric bookshop are also worth the visit.

Steve

I'm afraid that most of the music shops around Bradford have closed down in the past few years (like a lot of things), let alone anything to do with DB. As mentioned above, Salts Mill and the Early Music Centre (in the same complex) are worth a visit if you like that sort of thing and there is a great boozer called Fannys just up the hill from there if you fancy a cheeky pint afterwards...!

Great thanks guys - early music centre sounds interesting as long as I dont come away with GAS for a Flugehorn!

Keith that would have been great but I'm there this thursday ( daughter is in a production of Aida at St George's Hall and we have a lot of time to kill between rehearsal and show!).

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1383122286' post='2260344']
Great thanks guys - early music centre sounds interesting as long as I dont come away with GAS for a Flugehorn!

Keith that would have been great but I'm there this thursday ( daughter is in a production of Aida at St George's Hall and we have a lot of time to kill between rehearsal and show!).
[/quote]

Life's hard enough already without Flugehorn gas! :) I'm just down the road in sunny Armley so feel free to call in to talk bass....especially if you bring your lovely Italian bass!

[quote name='geoffbassist' timestamp='1383209363' post='2261462']
Life's hard enough already without Flugehorn gas! :) I'm just down the road in sunny Armley so feel free to call in to talk bass....especially if you bring your lovely Italian bass!
[/quote]

Hehe ...so, folks here's the choice:-

1/. spend the afternoon chatting, laughing, playing and doing 'all things bass' with the awesome, amazing and inspirational Mr G.C. !

or

2/. improve my 'shoppers shuffle' technique and 'bag carrying endurance' with the patient and long suffering Mrs Ubassman !

....life throws up some impossible choices sometimes !! :( :D

EDIT - "Flugehorn Gas" sounds like something to be avoided at all costs! :blink:

Edited by ubassman