Why become a member? ×

Bass-Train dilemma

alstocko

Hey guys, I'm hoping for some good helpful experience here!

Anyway, it may come up in the next month that I'll have to get a train from London to Hull with not only a Double Bass, but an electric too!

Has anyone been crazy enough to attempt this?

I've read the other thread on DBs on trains, but it doesn't cover this senario. If needs be, I'll pick the DB up a couple of weeks later on its own.

Thanks,

Alec

[quote name='Dave_the_bass' timestamp='1383045927' post='2259396']
Assuming you have a driving licence; would it not be easier, and more cost effective, to do a one way car/van hire?
[/quote]
I am only 20 years old, and despite my two and a half years driving experience, I believe that this is not an option for me

[quote name='alstocko' timestamp='1383050726' post='2259490']
I am only 20 years old, and despite my two and a half years driving experience, I believe that this is not an option for me
[/quote]

Yeah they have some crazy rules car hire companies.

I only did my test just over a year ago and that was the last time I drove... and they would hire me a car no problem at all with absolutely zero experiance.... :blink:

[quote name='alstocko' timestamp='1383050726' post='2259490']
[/quote]

Try budget. I hired a car with a mate to go to UFC in Manchester and they insured me (24) - 600 quid excess though because I'm a young driver (who's been driving for years!).

Take a suitable box with the electric bass. When the electric is finished with, pack it and courier it home. Then bring the DB back on the train.

If you use Collect plus you'll only just have to drop the bass at a news agency or petrol station where ever the local point is.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1383056699' post='2259596']
Take a suitable box with the electric bass. When the electric is finished with, pack it and courier it home. Then bring the DB back on the train.

If you use Collect plus you'll only just have to drop the bass at a news agency or petrol station where ever the local point is.
[/quote]
This may be the best idea yet, I may take my hard case and pack it nicely