Why become a member? ×

"[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Don't worry about it not having wires, just de-solder the ones on your existing pickup and solder them on, it'll save you from having to solder the pots too."[/font][/color]

It needs to be said - soldering wires onto the terminals of pick ups is certainly not recommened unless you know what you're doing :o the pick up windings which terminate on these contacts are very 'fragile'

Not dissing anyone or their skills but there is a high risk in doing such a job :blush:

It'd be easier to say that if you can't do a simple little solder joint, don't do one at all.

'high risk' and 'not recommended' is a bit too strong though, I've done this many a time with no issues at all If you follow the basic principles of soldering and do it properly then the job gets done.

Edited by Chiliwailer

My post is not intended to put people off, I would buy them myself if I had a use for them.

I expected someone would say "I've done this a dozen times" or similar - no problem if you know what you're doing.

If anybody wants to buy them & doesn't 'do soldering' I will offer to do the job for them - on the understanding that it is possible for it to all go horribly wrong.

Cheerz, John