Why become a member? ×

Can be removed
£550

Cat Burrito

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][attachment=148219:Vintage01.jpg]The body looks like a Vintage IconV74 bass. Especially those two worn 'dots' on the body to near the neck socket, obviously lots of the other relic'ed bits are under the scratchplate.[/font]

It's as good a theory as any Dazza, although my friend used to stock Vintage basses in his shop and it doesn't quite have the same feel. It's certainly been relic'd by a previous owner prior to Fluffo and I owning it but we felt it was an older body. I suspect it will always remain a mystery. You could be right but I'm not 100% convinced just yet. Those Vintage basses are great though. As said earlier though everything else is either Fender USA or in the case of the pickups 70s Dimarzio.

[quote name='alembic63' timestamp='1384259208' post='2274490']
Lovely Bass....just out of interest whats the date on the pots?[/quote]

I'm afraid I'd never checked..... so just been upstairs with a screwdriver and they are a more recent addition. Difficult to read any dates but I would suggest the wiring is more modern. I've owned it 4yrs and never had cause to look so they would pre-date that but they are not as dated as my 70s Fenders used to look.

Just as a general observation for anyone reading the questions / replies, it is probably worth mentioning that the price of an all original 76 would be about 3.5 times what is asked of this and this was always priced to reflect the fact that it is parts put together. Kind of vintage Fender on the cheap, as it were. But a lovely bass nonetheless.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...